Sometimes, while working on your Lenovo laptop, you might find that the cursor gets stuck on a certain place and it fails to move here and there. This happens because at that very moment the mouse can not detect the signal on your device.
Cursor stuck on Lenovo laptop issue might also occur due to the touchpad, pressing of the function keys, mouse properties, and settings, etc. So, it is really very frustrating for you to get that issue while doing something on your computer.
Thus, if you are looking for the solutions for cursor won’t move on Lenovo laptop, then you have come to the right place. Here you will get the complete information on how you can fix the problem.
Methods to Fix the Cursor Stuck on Lenovo Laptops Issue:
If you are facing any trouble while the cursor won’t move on Lenovo laptop, then you will get the required solutions from this guide.
Method 1: Check the Physical Issues on the Mouse
You can first check the physical status of the mouse whether it is working or not. In this way, you can detect the error and fix this issue on your Lenovo laptop.
- If the mouse is an external device, then try to connect it to a different port. You can also check the battery whether it is damaged or not. Hence, if required, replace the battery to fix the problem. Then check if the cursor is still not moving on Lenovo laptop issue. If it is, then good otherwise, check out the next section.
- Also, if the mouse uses a touchpad, then you need to move to other solutions to fix the problem.
Method 2: Resolve by Using the Function Keys
If you have pressed the function keys, then it might cause the cursor won’t move on Lenovo laptop issue. So, in order to get the cursor working again, you need to press that key once again. Hence, follow these steps to complete the task.
- At first, press the keys such as F7, F8, F9, F5, etc by holding down the Fn key. You need to press that function keys depending upon your laptop brand.
- Then check the cursor won’t move on Lenovo laptop issue by moving the mouse. If the problem is fixed, then it is fine. Otherwise, you might need to go for an alternate solution.
Method 3: Update the Device Drivers
Sometimes, outdated device drivers may also cause the cursor stuck on Lenovo laptop issues. So, if you want to use the mouse without any interruption, then you need to update the device drivers. For that, you can go to the official website of your device manufacturer and download the latest device drivers.
Then install the latest updates and restart your computer. Finally, you can check if the cursor stuck issue of your Lenovo laptop gets resolved or not.
Method 4: Check the Mouse Properties
You can also check your mouse properties to resolve the cursor stuck issue on your Lenovo laptops. If the trackpad is turned off, then you may get this issue. So, you can follow these steps to fix the issue.
- Press the Win + R key together to get the Run dialog box. Then type the command main.cpl there.
- Then hit the Enter button and select the Device Settings tab. After that, select your Device and then tap the Enable option.
- Hence, choose Apply and select the Ok button to make the changes. Now, you can check if the issue cursor won’t move on Lenovo laptop is resolved or not.
Method 5: Run the SFC Scan
You can also run the System File Checker to fix the cursor won’t move on Lenovo laptop. The SFC file will repair the missing or corrupted files on your system that may cause the cursor not moving problem. You can run the SFC file by using the following steps.
- Get the Run box by pressing the Win + R key together and type cmd there. Then select the option Run as administrator after right-clicking on Command Prompt.
- You need to tap to the Yes option for confirmation. After that, type the command sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt window and hit the Enter button.
- You need to wait for some time until the SFC detects the corrupted files and replace it with the new one.
- Finally, you can reboot your PC and check the cursor issue removed or not.
In this way, hopefully, you can now resolve the cursor won’t move on Lenovo laptop issue. Hence, now you can move your mouse as well as the cursor as you want to do. Moreover, you can now do your work effectively and smoothly without any interference.
Refference Blog: Lenovo Fingerprint Reader not Working Issue