Several Lenovo users have faced the problem of driver power state failure in their Windows 10 system while doing some important work on their Lenovo laptops. This failure is also referred to as the Blue Screen of Death error.
The major cause behind the occurrence of this driver power state failure is the corrupted or incorrect installation of the System Driver. After getting a lot of complaints about this issue, we have figured out some of the most effective and practical solutions to get rid of this issue of the driver power state failure Lenovo.
So, it is recommended to go through the easy fixes stated here in this article, as this will help you out in eliminating this particular issue from your Lenovo device.
Issues that Arises due to the Driver Power State Failure on your Lenovo Device:
The driver power state failure issue can cause several other problems on your Windows system and on several other softwares. Some of the main problems have been discussed below.
- USB Driver– Driver power state failure can be seen while we connect any specific USB device.
- Problem with Startup and Boot– Many times, this driver power state failure causes problems while resetting your PC or laptops. If this Blue Screen Death error appears while starting the computer, then it may cause trouble in your computer.
- Driver Power State Failure blue screen– Another common effect of the driver power state failure is the blue screen error. A 0x0000009f error generally appears on the Start screen and is generally caused because of an outdated driver issue.
- Driver Power State Failure ntoskrnl.exe– This error message pops up showing the name of the file that is causing the Blue Screen Death error.
Easy Fixes for the Driver Power State Failure on Lenovo:
Here’s a list of some of the commonly used solutions that you can use to get rid of this annoying Driver Power State Failure problem on your Windows system.
Fix 1: Update and Install the Latest System Drivers
As mentioned above, if you are using an outdated version of your system drivers, then it may lead to the driver power state failure. To avoid this from happening, you just have to update and install the latest version of drivers into your computer.
To do this, follow the instructions listed below:
- First, start with downloading the TweakBit Driver Update and then install it in your Windows System.
- After the installation procedure is completed, the program will automatically detect if there are any outdated drivers in your system. This scanning is done by matching the installed driver in your system to the latest update of the drivers available in the Driver Updates’ cloud database.
- Next, you will get a report if any outdated drivers are found on your system or not after the scanning process is completed. If there are any outdated drivers installed in your system, then update it. If there are more drivers that need to be updated, then update them individually one at a time.
- To update the driver, just click on the Update All button present at the end of the list in order to install all the drivers to their latest versions automatically.
If the driver power state failure issue still persists on your Lenovo computer, then the best way is to move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Run an SFC Scan
Several affected users have claimed that they are successful in fixing the driver power state failure issue by performing an SFC scan. For that, you need to follow the given below steps:
- First, start your Windows system and then press Windows key + X together. A new menu will open and from there, select the Command Prompt tab. (Sometimes this Command Prompt option may not be presented in that list, in that case, choose PowerShell tab).
- In the Command Prompt tab, type sc/scannow, and then hit the Enter button.
- After completing these steps, the scanning procedure will start and it might take up to 10 mins.
Alternatively, if you are facing trouble while running the SFC scan, then you can opt for the DISM scan. It will do the same job that the SFC scan does and will help you to get rid of the Driver Power State Failure. To do the DISM scan, you need to check out the steps listed below:
- Start by opening the Command Prompt by the same process as mentioned above.
- Now, enter these commands-
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Click on Enter.
When the scanning process is completed, look for the Blue Screen Death error. If this solution did not help you in removing the error, then try out the next method.
Fix 3: Delete the Antivirus Software from your System
The driver power state failure issue might occur if the antivirus software that is installed in your computer is creating hindrance with the software drivers while running simultaneously. To resolve this issue, it is recommended to uninstall the antivirus software.
First, try to disable the Antivirus software and look for the Blue Screen Death error. If the error still persists, then uninstall the Antivirus Software completely from your system. You can do this by opting for the help of some third-party tools such as Antivirus removing tool. Or you can simply delete the Antivirus software from your system.
Then hopefully, if the driver power state failure issue gets resolved, after that, you can again reinstall the Antivirus Program.
Fix 4: Alter the Power Settings
If the Power Settings of your Lenovo computer is having some incorrect configuration or some wrong settings, then it might cause the driver power state failure issue. You can easily solve this problem by enabling and disabling some of the Power settings.
For that, you need to follow the given below instructions-
- Start by pressing the Windows key+ S together to open the Control Panel.
- In the Control panel tab, navigate to the Power options and select it.
- Next, select Choose what the power button does from the given list.
- After that, click on Change Settings that are currently unavailable option.
- Now, uncheck the boxes in front of “Turn off fast startup (recommended)”, “Sleep and Hibernate” options, thus disabling them.
- Finally, complete the alteration process by saving these changes.
This changing of the Power settings will enable you to solve the issue with driver power state failure.
Related Blog: Lenovo default boot device missing
These were the most effective and practical solutions to avoid the Lenovo Yoga 2 driver power state failure Windows 10 issue. Hopefully, this article has helped you in removing this troublesome error from your Windows system.