Cooling fans are used to cool down the processor of the laptop. So, if you encounter the Lenovo fan error, it can make the device upset.
If you have not cleaned the fan for a long time, then you can encounter this typical error with your device.
Besides that, you can also encounter this error due to an internal glitch present in the fan, you can also encounter this typical error with your device.
If you are facing this error with your device, don’t be frustrated. You can just follow this article till the end. As it contains a complete guide, it will be helpful for you.
Resolve Lenovo Fan Error Using Easy Fixes
Here are some quick and easy fixes which you can use to resolve this typical error with your device. Try to follow them accordingly:
Clean the Cooling Fan
Once you encounter this error, you need to clean the cooling fan using these steps:
Once you encounter this typical error, then you need to turn off the IBM ThinkPad. As well as unplug your laptop from the wall outlet.
Next, you need to remove the battery from the laptop. Now, tilt your ThinkPad, so that, you can see the left edge in a clear way. After that, you will be able to see a series of small vents. All of these vents are used to exhaust for CPU fan.
Now, you need to dip a cotton swab in the rubbing alcohol. After that, you need to rub away the external dirt or dust from the vents of Fans. As a fan of ThinkPad can collect a lot of junk which are difficult to remove without alcohol-based cleanser.
Once you are done with the steps, you need to blow compressed air to the vents in order to remove remaining dust or blockage. Because sometimes the fan stops working because of dust buildup.
As a final method, you need to plug in your ThinkPad and reattach the battery and reboot your device. Now, if you notice the fan is still not working, in this case, your computer will not be able to boot. In such cases, you need to change the fan of the laptop.
How to Change the Laptop Fan?
After cleaning the fan, if this error persists, you need to change laptop fan. In order to perform this action, try to follow these steps:
- At first, turn off your laptop. Now, Unlock and remove the battery.
- From the bottom case, you need to remove nine screws.
- Next remove the RAM cover. You will be able to find a screw. Remove the screw.
- After that, you need to unlock and pull out the DVD drive.
- Now, you need to remove three screws from the battery bay.
- Next, you need to flip over your laptop and lift the keyboard to the upwards.
- Once you are done with the steps, you need to disconnect the keyboard cable.
- After completing all of the steps, you need to remove the keyboard.
- Now, now you need to remove two screws securing the palm rest.
- Furthermore, remove three screws.
- Now, you need to pry up the palm rest and disconnect the touchpad cable.
- Once you are done with the steps, you need to remove two screws which secure the speakers. Now, disconnect the speaker cable.
- Now, you need to remove five screws which secure the heat sink. After that, disconnect the cooling fan cable from the motherboard.
- Again, try to remove the heat sink and cooling fan.
In this way, you will be able to resolve this error on your own.
Sum It Up
Here is a complete guide using which, you will be able to resolve Lenovo fan error in an effective way. If you are aware of any other steps which can resolve this error, you can definitely inform us via your valuable comments. If you want any further guidance to fix this error, then, you can directly contact an expert who can guide you for further. Keeping all these things in mind, let’s conclude this article here. Visit our website to get more effective posts at your fingertips.