Effective Methods To Resolve The Lenovo Headphone Jack Not Working Error
If you are a Lenovo user and encountering the Lenovo headphone jack not working error, then you might be searching for the solutions to resolve it. If this is the case, then you are in the right place.
After a complete study of this article, you will be able to resolve the matter quickly. So, let’s not waste time and directly get into the main topic. Here, we are going to discuss the essential reasons and solutions that will help you to resolve this error on the go.
What Causes the Lenovo Laptop Headphone Jack Not Working Error?
There are numerous reasons that are responsible for the Lenovo headphone jack not working issue. To know them, take a look below:
- Improper installation of the headphone to your PC
- A broken headphone jack
- Missing or Corrupt audio drivers
- Audio settings
How to Solve Lenovo Headphone Jack Not Working?
To resolve the Lenovo Yoga headphone jack not working issue, follow the instructions one by one that is given below. Hopefully, after trying out the below methods you will fix the problem efficiently. So, let’s begin.
Method 1: Unplug and Plugin Back the Headphone Jack
A major cause responsible for the error is the improper way of installing it. Due to improper installation of the jack, the Lenovo laptop might not able to recognize the device and thus the problem arise. If this is the case, then the solution to this problem is very simple, and the steps of this are as follows:
- Firstly, take out the headphone jack from the laptop port.
- After that, wipe the jack with a soft cloth, to make it dust free.
- Then, reinsert the jack into the headphone jack port in a proper manner. If you did not push the jack appropriately then the same problem will arise.
- Now, play an audio clip and then check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Method 2: Check the Audio Settings
If the audio is kept is in mute condition, then this can result in the error. If this is the case, check it. Check both the audio settings of your device as well as the media player in which you generally play audios. The steps to follow are stated below:
Check the Volume Settings of Your System
At first, you need to navigate the mouse pointer onto the speaker icon, that is present on the taskbar panel. Sometimes, you need to open the taskbar tray to get the speaker icon.
The upward symbol arrow that is present near to the time and date section is the symbol for the taskbar tray, click on it to open. Once you get the speaker icon, check wheater a red crossed circle is present on it or not.
If a red crossed circle is present, then it indicates that the audio settings of your device is set as mute.
To active the audio settings, click on the speaker icon at first. After that, slide the speaker bar near the end of the volume range.
Then, check if you are able to listen to audio using the Lenovo headphone or not. In case, if you find that the audio settings on your device are active, though you do not get a sound using the headphone.
Then, in the next stage, you need to verify the audio settings of the media player which you are using.
Verify the Media Player Audio Settings
Depending upon the media player you are using, you need to locate the audio icon at first. And then check if the audio player is in the active state or not. And if not, then you need to make it live by sliding the audio bar near to the extreme end of the volume range.
After ensuring that both your system and the media player sound range settings are OK, play audio and then check if the issue gets sorted or not.
Method 3: Update the Audio Drivers on Your PC
If the audio driver of your PC gets corrupted or outdated, then this will result in Lenovo headphone jack not working issue. If this is the case, then to solve this factor you need to update the audio driver of your PC.
Follow this method only if you get a yellow indication mark on the audio driver after opening the Device Manager window. To perform this method follow the steps as below:
- In the begining, press down both the Windows and the letter R key at a time. This is to get the Run bar window open.
- After that, ensure no earlier command is present in the Run bar. If you see any command is present inside the Run bar, then you need to remove that by using the Backspace button.
- Further, enter devmgmt.msc in the Run bar.
- Next, click on the OK button, to open the Device Manager window.
- Now, under the Device Manager window search the section named as “Sound, video and game controllers”. And then, double-click on it, to expand the options list.
- Next, under the “Sound, video and game controllers” section, look for options. If a yellow mark is present on any driver, then it symbolizes that you need to repair that. And to repair the damaged driver, continue with the steps below.
- Then, you need to right-click on the driver that shows the yellow mark.
- After that, from the menu window select the Update Driver Software option. This will get you the “How do you want to search for drivers?” window open along with the options as below.
- Search automatically for updated driver software
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” link. This will browse the internet to get the update of the driver. From the next window, follow up the on-screen instructions to install the update of the driver.
- Once the damaged audio driver gets the update, restart your PC.
- After that, check if you are able to listen to the audio that you play on your device using the Lenovo headphone.
If after trying all the above methods, still, you are facing the Lenovo headphone jack not working issue. Then, follow the below inspections methods to identify the exact reason causing the problem.
- Connect the Lenovo headphone into another device: If after connecting the Lenovo device in another laptop or smartphone, you see that the audio is working fine. Then, it indicates that there is a problem with the headphone jack port of your device.
To solve this problem, you need to study a related article.
However, after connecting the headphone into another device, if still the issue persists, then that means that the headphone device gets damaged and you have to replace it with a new device.
- Play another audio file: After playing a file, if you describe that Lenovo headphone jack not working, then you need to try out another audio file. Sometimes, if a file gets downloaded incompletely, then the audio of the file will not work and thus results in such an issue.
So, it is advised to try a different file and check if that works fine or not.
A Few Tips to Avoid the Lenovo Headphone Jack Not Working Error:
There are several factors if followed then you can avoid this annoying problem to occur. And the tips are as follows:
- Do not fold or stretch the Lenovo headphone cables unnecessarily
- Avoid altering the headphone device frequently
- Keep your headphone device safe from physical injuries (moisture, overheat)
All these are the effective methods to follow to fix the Lenovo headphone jack not working issue. Hopefully, if you correctly execute the above methods then the problem will be resolved in no time. Else, you can also contact a professional directly