Lenovo is one of the biggest tech giants in the professional market. It holds its position by offering exceptional quality products and service.
Ideapad 320 is a compact featured laptop model developed by Lenovo but like others, it is also not free from random flaws.
Lenovo IdeaPad 320 keyboard not working is a common issue faced by several users. If you are also stuck with the same issue, then nothing to get worried about this.
Here in this post, you will know some essential hacks which can help you to fix this issue. Hence, you are recommended to have a look at the guide discussed below.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix Lenovo IdeaPad Keyboard Not Working Issue:
There are a lot of ways to fix this annoying issue. You should perform all the troubleshooting hacks one-by-one to check which one is appropriate for you. Hence, stick to the hacks explained below:
Way 1: Restart the Computer
By restarting the system, you can solve several hardware problems instantly. Hence, you should try this easy and simple fix before going to perform any complicated solution.
After restarting the computer, you should check whether the keyboard problem has been fixed or not. If the issue still persists, then move on to further solutions.
Way 2: Update the Driver
By updating the drivers of the system, you can also fix this issue. To perform this, you should go through the steps cited in the underlying section:
- In the beginning, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and tap on the Start logo.
- Then, type “device manager” on the Search bar of the Start menu.
- Tap on the Device Manager from the search result.
- Choose a category to see names of the active devices. Then, right-click on the ‘Update’ button.
- Choose the ‘Update Driver’ option from the next page.
- Under the Update Driver window, tap on the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
- If the Windows doesn’t find any new driver, then you should visit the official website of Microsoft and update the driver by following the on-screen prompts from there.
After updating the driver, you should check whether the keyboard has started to work or not. If the issue is still unresolved, then go to the next solution.
Way 3: Remove the Battery and Disconnect the Power Cable
This procedure has helped several Lenovo laptop users who were facing the Lenovo IdeaPad keyboard not working issue. Hence, you should try this one by performing the steps provided below:
- At first, shut down the system.
- Then, disconnect the Power cord from the Power outlet.
- Remove the battery of the laptop.
- Now, you have to wait for a few seconds. After that, put the battery back in the laptop.
- Connect the Power cord again.
- Press the Power button for at least 60 seconds until it turns the system on.
Restart the computer and check if the issue has been fixed or not. If the keyboard is still unresponding, then you should perform the further methods.
Way 4: Perform a System Restore
If the keyboard is still not working after updating the drivers, then you should perform a System Restore to check if it can fix the problem.
How to Restore a Computer?
- First, launch the Start menu.
- Then, tap on the Control Panel.
- Move the cursor to the upper right pane of the screen and tap on the ‘View by’ button. Choose the ‘Small icons’ option from the list.
- Tap on the ‘System’ option.
- Click on the ‘System protection’ by going to the left side of the next page.
- Tap on the ‘System Restore’ option and click on the Next button.
- Now, you should pick a Restore point according to the ‘Date and Time.’ Tap on the Next option to proceed further.
- Next, tap on the Finish button.
- Confirm the restore by clicking on the Yes button.
Restart the system to apply the changes. Now, you should check whether the issue has been resolved. If the keyboard is still not working, then go to the further solutions stated below.
Way 5: Turn Off the Filter Keys of the Keyboard
According to some users, they have fixed this issue by turning off the Filter keys of the keyboard. The Filter Keys are enabled by default that can trigger this issue.
Hence, to solve this issue, you should try to disable it. To perform this, have a glance at the steps mentioned below:
- First, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and right-click on the Start menu.
- Navigate to the Control Panel category.
- Tap on the ‘Ease of Access’ option. Then, go to the ‘Ease of Access Center’ category.
- Tap on the ‘Make the keyboard easier to use’ option from the next page.
- Under this tab, you have to untick the box that prompt ‘Turn on Filter Keys.’
- Tap on the Apply button and then click on the OK button to apply the changes.
Now, restart the computer and check if the issue still occurs or not. If the problem persists, then you should try further procedures discussed below.
Way 6: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
You can also run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to solve the keyboard not working issue. To perform this, you should follow the steps given below:
- First, right-click on the Start button.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Under the Control Panel window, you have to type “troubleshoot” on the search bar. Tap on the ‘Troubleshooting’ option from the search results.
- From the left pane of the screen, tap on the ‘View All’ option.
- Navigate to the ‘Hardware and Devices’ category.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Now, the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter will start to scan the entire system for any problem. If it locates any problem, it will fix them itself.
After that, you have to reboot the computer. Now, you should check whether the problem has been fixed.
In the above post, we have described some of the possible ways to fix the Lenovo IdeaPad 320 keyboard not working issue. Hope that if you successfully implement the above methods in their mentioned order, then it will surely assist you to put an end to this bug.
Sometimes, it also becomes difficult to perform the above-mentioned ways without any technical knowledge.
At this juncture, you can seek help from a professional. In addition, you can also share your doubts and valuable feedback through the comment section given at the end of this post.