Lenovo laptops are one of the best laptops to deliver higher performance to its users. But you can face issues at times using the Lenovo laptops. At times, you will notice that the laptop is going to sleep mode all of a sudden.
Mostly this will happen if the mouse or keyboard restricts the device to doing so. Using the outdated device driver can cause this issue. Besides, the hibernation mode in Lenovo laptops can be another reason behind this issue.
But whatever is the reason behind this error, you should fix it at the earliest so that you can again do all your pending work. In the next section, we are mentioning some of the effective methods for the “Lenovo laptop sleep mode problem” error.
Quick and Easy Methods to Fix the “Lenovo Laptop Sleep Mode Problem”:
In this section, we are mentioning some of the possible means to fix the sleep mode issue on your Lenovo laptops. You just need to implement the methods as it is instructed below.
Method 1: Allow the Keyboard and Mouse to Wake Up
The default mouse or keyboard can restrict the Lenovo laptop to work properly. As a result, the device will go to Sleep Mode. In that case, you should give the allowance to the keyboard or mouse to wake up the device. To do that, you need to apply the steps as it is instructed below:
- Hold the Windows and R keys together. A Run dialog box will appear next on the screen.
- In that pop-up box, write devmgmt.msc”. Next, hit the “Enter” button.
- This will open the Device Manager window. From there, go to the “Keyboard” section.
- Tap on the “Keyboard” option and then choose the name of the keyboard device.
- Now, tap on the “Power Management” option. Now, check if the “Allow this device to wake the computer” option is marked. If not, then check that box.
- Tap on the “OK” button now. Then move to the “Mice and other pointing devices’ ‘.
- From there, choose the name of the mouse. Go to the “Power Management” tab.
- Check the “Allow this device to wake the computer” box now. Tap on the “OK” button.
Now, restart the device and check if the Lenovo Laptop is going to sleep mode or not. If there is still necessary to wake up the device, then you need to apply the next steps below.
Method 2: Update the Device Drivers
For the default or backdated device driver, the Lenovo laptops can make an issue to wake up. In that case, you need to update the device drivers in the system. To update the drivers, you need to implement the steps stated below:
- Go to the Start Button. From there, go to the “Search” box.
- In the search box, write “Device Manager”. Hit the Enter button.
- Now, open the “Device Manager” window, and you will get the name of the devices.
- Right-click on the device drivers and then choose the “Update” option.
- Now, choose the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Next to it, choose the “Update Driver” opinion.
Wait for a while until the Windows system searches for a compatible device driver for the device. Now, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the whole updating process.
But if even after updating the device drivers did not help you to put back the Lenovo laptops into wake up mode, then it is suggested to move to the next section.
Method 3: Turn Off the Fast Startup Option
Fast Startup option in the Windows system helps the device to run faster. But this feature can conflict with the device and as a result, the Sleep Mode will turn on automatically.
So, to avoid such errors, you need to turn off the Fast Startup option on the Lenovo laptops. Then to turn off the Fast Up feature, check out the below-mentioned steps:
- Hold the Windows and R keys together. This will open the “Run” dialog box.
- In the dialog box, Write “powercfg.cpl”. Tap on the “OK” button.
- This will open the Power options tab. From that window, tap on the “Choose what the power buttons do” option. ‘
- Now, click on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- Next, check if the Turn in fast startup (Recommended) option is unchecked.
- Tap on the “Save Changes” option and then close the window.
Now, restart the device and check if the sleep mode is solved or not. If so, then we would recommend you to apply the next mentioned method.
Method 4: Re-enable the Hibernation Mode
Hibernation mode on the Lenovo laptops helps the users to save power even after using the device for a long time. This sleep mode can conflict with the Hibernate mode.
In that case, you have to first disable the Hibernation Mode and then enable it to fix the issue. To enable the Hibernation mode in the Lenovo laptops, you need to follow the below-mentioned instructions.
- Hold the Windows and the R keys together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In that box, write `cmd”. Hit the “Enter button.
- This will open the Command Prompt window and then right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- Now. tap on the Yes button. Then the “User Account Control” window will appear on the screen
- In the Command Prompt window, write “powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on”
- Hit the “Enter” button next to run the command.
Now, after enabling the Hibernation Mode, you will be able to fix the sleep mode issues in the Lenovo laptops. Further, if you are unable to fix the error, then you can take an expert’s assistance for resolving this error.
Related Blog: Lenovo Yoga Touch Screen Not Working Issue
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How will I turn off the Sleep Mode in Lenovo?
To turn off the Sleep Mode, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the Start button. From there, go to the Control Panel.
- Now, go to the “Power” options section and select the “Turn off the Display” option.
- Tap on the “Change Advanced Power setting”s option now.
- Move to the “Power” button now and then expand the lid to close the window.
- Now, change the “Plugged” option to the “Do Nothing” option.
These steps will surely help you in turning off the Sleep mode in the Lenovo laptops.