Lenovo laptops are undoubtedly the best when it comes to providing higher performance to its users. But sometimes, the users might face various issues with this device. One of the most popular of them is Lenovo no battery detected.
When this problem arises, it restricts the users to use this device any further. This is because the device won’t be able to recognize the battery of the Lenovo Laptop. And without the battery, a device won’t work because that is the main source of power for the device.
So, if you are getting battery issues in Lenovo, then you will be promoted with the “No battery detected” error message on the screen. To get a proper solution regarding this, check out the following section.
Possible Methods to Fix the “Lenovo No Battery Detected” Issue:
In this section, we are mentioning the possible methods to fix the battery detection issues on Lenovo devices. You just need to implement the below-mentioned methods in the same way as it is instructed below.
Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter
Running the power troubleshooter will help you to get rid of the battery issues in your Lenovo device. To run the Power Troubleshooter, you need to do the follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the Start button. From there, choose the Control Panel option.
- From the Control Panel window, go to the search box.
- In the search box, write “Troubleshooter”. Tap on the Troubleshooter from the searched result.
- Tap on the “Troubleshooting” option next and then move to the “System and Security” option.
- Now, choose the “Power” option and tap on the “Next” button.
After troubleshooting the device, check if you have solved the error. If the error still persists, then apply the next method discussed here.
Method 2: Update the BIOS
If you are getting the Lenovo No battery detected error message, then there must be some issues with the chipset board. In this case, you have to check and install the latest BIOS in the device.
To update the BIOS, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the web browser. From there, go to the official website of Lenovo.
- Search for the device on the website. Once you will be done with searching the correct device name, move to the “BIOS Category”
- Tap on the Download button to update the BIOS File. Next, click on the Save button.
- Double click on the saved file and then read the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
Now, reboot the system and the BIOS will get updated instantly. After updating the BIOS, you will be able to fix the battery issues from the Lenovo laptop. And if the error persists, then move to the next segment to get rid of the error.
Method 3: Check the Battery and the ACPI Settings
For using a default battery, you can come across such issues. In that case, you have to check the battery and the ACPI settings to fix the error. To check the battery and ACPI settings, perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Search for the Start button. From there, right-click on the Start button.
- Choose the “Batteries’ opinion and then tap on it.
- Tap on the ACPI option to check the battery settings.
- Go to the BIOS and then check if you can see the status of the battery over there.
If the battery fails to recognize the BIOS, then the main issue is in the battery itself or the problem is with the motherboard. If you are still getting the error, then it is suggested to move to the next section to fix the battery issue instantly.
Method 4: Perform a Battery Driver Reset
Performing a battery reset will surely help you to fix the battery issue instantly. To reset the battery driver, check out the below-mentioned steps:
- Move to the Start Button. Now, right-click on the Start button and choose the “Device Manager” option.
- Now, the Device Manager window will appear on the screen. Next, choose the ‘Batteries’ option.
- Now, right-click on the Microsoft ACPI Compliant control method battery.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the “Uninstall” option.
- Go to the “Action” tab and then choose the “Scan For Hardware Changes” room.
Now, turn off the device and disconnect the A/C power supply. Next, insert the battery and also the A/C power supply. Further, restart the device and you will be able to fix the battery issues from the Lenovo Laptop.
Method 5: Perform a Power Cycle on the Lenovo Laptop
Performing a power cycle in the Lenovo laptop often fixes the battery issues of the Lenovo laptop. And to power cycle of the laptop, you need to check out the steps stated hereunder:
- First, you have to unplug the external device that is linked with the laptop.
- Now, take out the battery from the laptop. Then, hold the Power button for a while.
- Insert the battery back in the laptop and then restart the LAPTOP.
- Now, connect the AC adapter and check if the battery is detecting the battery now.
By just doing the above steps, you will be able to fix the battery issues and you can again charge the battery easily.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I am getting the “Battery is not detected” error message, should I replace the battery?
If you are getting a battery not detecting error, then it is time to replace the battery. Most of the time, the default battery is the main reason behind this error.
How should I reset the battery of the laptop?
To reset the laptop battery, check out the given below steps:
- Allow the laptop’s battery to drain. Now, close the Lenovo laptop and flip it over on any side to take out the battery.
- Next, you have to use the buttons to remove its battery. Then tap on the “Reset “button for a while.
- Further, tap on the Power button to turn on the Lenovo Laptop
- If the laptop needs an attached battery to boot, then you have to hold the Power button for a while.
Thus, you will be able to reset the device. Now, try to restart the Lenovo laptop and check if you can reboot the system. If not, it is suggested to repeat the above-mentioned steps.