Lenovo Yoga is very popular among the Lenovo users as it has the capability to assume multiple form factors due to its hinged screen. It is famous worldwide for its outstanding performance and advanced technology. Besides its incredible performance, some of the technical glitches make the Lenovo device complicated to handle. You might get stuck with the Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working issue very often due to some internal system error. Once this error occurs in your device, you won’t be able to perform any task without fixing it and its associated Lenovo components. Not only the device starts to lag due to the internal conflicts but also it degrades the performance gradually. However, in this article, we are going to discuss how to solve this problem along with technical solutions to overcome it permanently.
Possible Causes Behind Lenovo Yoga 720 Touch Screen Not Working Problem:
Some of the common causes which are responsible for the Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working issue are discussed below. Moreover, it degrades the Lenovo device performance by creating the internal driver error.
- If the system file is corrupted, then you might face the Lenovo Touch screen error very often.
- If there is an issue with the peripherals connected to the Lenovo PC, then this kind of annoying problem might occur.
- The recently upgraded driver sometimes creates the touch screen error and touch screen driver fail to work.
- Another problem for this annoying problem is USB Touch Screen Controller error that affects the entire Lenovo device.
Resolve Lenovo Yoga Touch Screen Not Working Problem with Easy Ways:
There are some of the effective methods to overcome the Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working issue. Here, we are going to talk about the essential methods to resolve the Lenovo touch screen error very quickly. So, you can easily try out the steps below and resolve the problem quickly.
Fix 1: Restart the Lenovo Device
By performing the simple restart operation, you can resolve the Lenovo touch screen error easily. Though it is a temporary method, sometimes it plays an effective role in resolving it immediately.
You need to press the Power button of your Lenovo Yoga device and hold it for 20-30 seconds until the device turns off. Wait for 1 minute and again press the Power button to reboot the Windows in Normal Mode.
Fix 2: Disconnect All Peripherals
By disconnecting all the peripherals and external drives from the Lenovo device, you can avoid the Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working issue effectively.
- Separate the device from the Power outlet and disconnect all the peripherals attached to the Lenovo device.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and press the Power button to restart the system in Normal Mode.
- Now, try to access any webpage or any in-built programs and check whether this issue still persists or not.
Fix 3: Repair the Registry Files
You can fix the Lenovo touch screen issue by identifying the corrupted system files and repair them accordingly. It also helps to enhance the system performance by increasing the CPU cycle and removing all the internal issues associated with the system files.
- First, click on the Start button and launch the Start menu.
- After that, type “cmd” in the Cortana Search box and locate the Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- After that, right-click on it and verify the account by entering the correct credential details. So, enter the correct username and passcode to log in the Command Promot in Admin Mode.
- Next, type the command “sfc/scannow” in the Command Prompt window and run it by tapping the Enter key from the keyboard.
- It will take a few times to run and try to identify the corrupted files from the device. Then, repair them accordingly to fix the Registry issue immediately.
- Once done, try to reboot the device in Normal Moe and verify whether the Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working issue got fixed or not.
Fix 4: Disable and Re-enable the Touch Screen Feature
Sometimes, you can fix the touch screen error by re-enabling the Touch screen feature. To perform it, you need to turn it off and enable it again by modifying its settings.
- First, click on the Start button and type “device manager” in the Search box. Then, open the Device Manager window by pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Then, go to the Human Interface Devices section and expand it by clicking on it.
- After that, locate the touch screen driver under the Human Interfaces devices menu. Right-click on it and choose Disable from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen.
- Next, confirm the driver remover process by tapping the YES button from the Confirmation dialog box.
- Now, wait for a few minutes and right-click on the touch screen driver again. Next, select Enable from the context menu.
- Finally, close the window and check whether the device is working or not.
Fix 5: Rollback the Drivers
Drivers rollback helps to get the previous version of the drivers that were before installing their new version. By performing it, you can resolve the Lenovo touch screen issue very often. Make sure that you have taken the backup of the data that you have installed recently before attempting this procedure.
- Press the Windows key and R key together from the keyboard to launch the Run dialog box on the screen.
- After that, type “devicemgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key. You can also press the OK button to open the Device Manager window.
- Now, locate the Yoga Touch screen driver under the Human Interface Driver section and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties from the pop-up menu. Now, click on the Driver tab from the Properties window and click on Roll Back Driver option.
- Next, confirm it by clicking on the YES button from the configuration dialog box that appeared on the screen.
- It will start to perform the rollback process and after a couple of minutes, you can see a successful message regarding the Touchpad driver rollback program.
- Once done, restart the Lenovo System in Normal mode. Then, try to access any app and verify whether the touchpad is working or not.
Fix 6: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
The in-built Windows Troubleshooter is one of the effective programs that help to fix most of the Windows problem quickly. Thus, you can resolve the Windows internal error through this tool very efficiently.
- First, press the Windows key from the keyboard and launch the Start menu on the screen.
- After that, click on the Settings app(gear icon) from the Start menu. Click on the Update & Security icon from that window.
- Next, choose Troubleshoot option from the window. Launch the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter by navigating this section.
- Next, tap on the Run the Troubleshooter button and wait until the entire troubleshooting process gets completed.
- Once it is finished, you can see a successful message against this troubleshooting process and your device will restart in normal Mode.
- Finally, try to perform any task by using the Lenovo touch screen and verify if the same problem still persists or not.
Fix 7: Install the Windows Updates
You can upgrade the Windows with the latest version and fix the Lenovo PC hardware issue effectively. In this way, you can fix the Lenovo touch screen driver error very easily.
- Press the Windows key and click on the Settings option from the Start menu appeared in the screen.
- Now, click on the Update & Security icon from the Settings window.
- After that, click on the Windows Update tab from the left side of the Windows Update and Security window.
- Next, go to the Windows Update section and click on Check for Updates link and let it run.
- Wait until the installation process is done successfully and once done, try to reboot the Windows in Normal Mode.
- Finally, try to access any app through the touch screen or move any icon to verify whether the Lenovo touch screen issue got fixed or not.
Fix 8: Uninstall the USB Touch Screen Controller and Reinstall it
Many times you can fix the USB Touch screen Controller issue by removing it and by installing the driver with the latest version.
- First, type “devicemgmt.msc” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Device Manager window.
- Now, click on the Mouse and Other Pointing Devices icon and expand it.
- Next, check whether the USB Touchscreen Controller is listed here or not. Then, right-click on it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall Device option from the pop-up menu that appeared on the screen.
- Confirm it by tapping on the YES button from the confirmation dialog box and wait until the touchscreen driver is removed.
- Once done, hit the Finish button and close the active window.
- After that, install the latest version from the Lenovo official website and open the Device Manager window again.
- Now, right-click on the USB Touch Screen Controller driver. Choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Next, click on Driver tab from the Properties window and verify whether it shows the latest version or not.
- Finally, reboot the Lenovo PC in Normal Mode and verify whether Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working like annoying issue got fixed or not.
In this article, we have defined the effective solutions to fix Lenovo Yoga touch screen not working problem very easily. Moreover, we have tried to discuss the significant causes responsible for this annoying issue. Besides this, we have also analyzed the basic symptoms at the fundamental stage of the touchpad issue. Thus, you can easily identify the problem at the initial stage of the problem and resolve them accordingly. So, we hope this content will be helpful to fix this particular issue on your Lenovo laptop.